12.27.2008

Google Maps & Earth Address Book Plug-In

When I got my Mac, the one thing I decided I would do is use the built in Address Book. Conveniently, it syncs with my iPhone and Google Account. I frequently found myself going into my AddressBook just to look up an address to type in Google Maps. Eventually I got tired of this, and decided to do a quick search for an Address Book plug-in that I could use to quickly view an address in Google. Immediately I came across a plug-in by Brian Toth.




The plug-in is very lightweight, and works for both, Google Maps and Google Earth. Even if you yourself don't plan on looking up an address, you can save time and make it easy for someone who you might be emailing and provide them with a link to a Google Map. This is great for anybody who might have a friend or family member who is not very familiar with the Internet.