9.13.2007

Mozilla Add-on: Hackbar "will NOT learn you how to hack a site"

Well this is funny, I did not think that anyone actually made this mistake. I have seen this on many different types of grammar test/quizzes as an obvious example. I was looking for some new Firefox Add-ons when when I saw this on the Add-Ons homepage.

After clicking on this to see what it was I quickly spotted this huge grammar error on the page giving more information about the Add-on.

# In general
This toolbar will help you in testing sql injections, XSS holes and site security. It is NOT a tool for executing standard exploits and it will NOT learn you how to hack a site. Its main purpose is to help a developer do security audits on his code. If you know what your doing, this toolbar will help you do it faster. If you want to learn to find security holes, you can also use this toolbar, but you will probably also need a book, and a lot of google :)


I never had seen such an obvious mistake published in something such as the Add-ons page.