9.07.2008

Get "My Number" to Show Up in iTunes or iPhone Contact List

Having ported my number from Verizon to my iPhone I was not able to see my number in iTunes, the top of the contact list on my phone, or anywhere else where your number would otherwise be stored. After much research, I finally came to a solution that was super easy and actually worked. It literally took me under 5 minutes, and nothing but my own iPhone. Just unplug your iPhone from the computer and give AT&T a call.


Call Customer Care (If possible from another line) at:

(800) 331-0500

or

(866) 241-6567 (TTY)

Here is what to say:

"I had my number ported to my iPhone, and it has been over 36 hours but my own number is still not showing up in iTunes or above my contact list on my iPhone. I was told to call you and ask to resend the OTA (Over the Air) programing to my iPhone because I don't think the SIM card was properly programmed."

Once the send it check to see if you can see the number on your iPhone and then if so go ahead and hang up with AT&T because the OTA programing worked. The number will not show up in iTunes until your restart your iPhone, so go ahead turn your iPhone off and on and then you are done!

Before OTA Programing


After OTA Programing