2.08.2008

iPhone Notes Fix

iPhone Notes Fix-"iPhone Notes Not Don't Save" Followup

So the other day I had mentioned that by iPhone notes were not saving correctly. Come to say, not saving at all. I also had the problem that I could read the notes and thought I was editing them but really did not change anything. The last thing was that when I did thus it really made it look as if the save time on my notes were messed up. The problem was that I had updated to 1.1.3. Meaning my file system was changed from "root" to "mobile". Due to the fact that I just restored the "notes.db" SQL DB rather than let iTunes restore all of my pictures and other stuff I had backed up as a way to save some time. This was fin until the fact that now I finally realized why it seems as if my BSD system is not working correctly. The reason for this is that many of my files in my iPhone's documents folder still belong to "root" permission wise. So what I have to do is move everything back to "/private/var/root" and then make everything read and write permissions dr everybody so I can take ownership as "mobile". I did this with my notes and they are no longer read only. Seems like Apple missed updating permissions when restoring from an older firmwares backup.