9.01.2007

iPhone Explodes

Well yes, while attemting to unlock the iPhone as did, someone made their iPhone explode!

"We were so happy, all the software part was done, so we started opening the iPhone. The antenna cover was a bit tricky but eventually it came off. Then we started to open the metal cover (after taking out the 3 screws) and PUFF, up it went in smoke, I think my collegue must have touched something. It literally went up in black smoke. It was so hot that when I tried to pick it up I burned my fingers. So, this is for sure the most difficult part of the whole process. I don't know what he did, as I had just stepped out of the room to fetch something when I heard a scream...they got such a fright."
George Hotz was the first person to every unlock an Apple iPhone and get it to work on T-Mobile, or any other GSM capable phone. Basically he made the iPhone work on any network that uses a SIM Card.

I almost forgot, here is what it looked like.