9.27.2007

Getting The iPhone To Work With Verizon

Disclaimer: This is still a theory.

Okay, this is interesting. Last month I went down to Circuit City and noticed that they had the Blackberry 8830. Quickly after noticing the fact that it said "World Edition". When I asked the employee there he said that it had a SIM card, which is why he bought it. Suprisingly, he pulled out his phone and let me check out his becasue not everything demo phone there was completely accessible. I checked out it quickly and that was it. After getting my iPhone, and reading about iPhone SIM Free I came up with the theory that if, this pregram could unlock other carriers SIM cards, then why would it not unlock the Verizon SIM card? Theoretically, this would seem like a great idea. I am going to be testing my theory next week as I should have my hands on a Verizon SIM card which I will be able to play with. The only problem I would face is that I need to have an activated iPhone to use iPhone SIM Free. Luckily, my cousin has a friend who owns a cell phone shop, and is willing to help me out here. If anybody knows information about this, or is willing to help me research this theory please contact me.